The DSFH Andrology unit, established in 1992, was the first of its kind in the Kingdom. The unit deals with and treats:
- Male infertility: medical and surgical management
- Male sexual dysfunctions: medical and surgical management
- Testosterone deficiency syndrome
- Sexually transmitted diseases
In addition, all kinds of assisted reproductive techniques are being practiced at the unit in collaboration with the IVF lab. The Andrology Unit at DSFH has gained national and international recognition because of:
- Having seen around 20,000 patients and having performed more than 1500 surgical procedures for the management of male infertility and erectile dysfunction.
- Its international publications and regular contributions to the Journal of sexual medicine, Sexologies Journal and International journal of impotence research.
- Sponsorship of an international conference for andrological diseases at DSFH in 2007
- Organizing Men Awareness Health Week in Saudi Arabia in June 2007 (the 1st time in an Arab country) to promote public awareness in all aspects of Men Awareness Health.
- Publishing “Adam’s Health Magazine” which is dedicated to patient education and Medical health awareness and addressing the Saudi male population.
Some of the clinic procedures performed include:
- Intracorporal injection testing
- Doppler penile vessels
- Doppler for varicocele
- Cautery for warts
Some of the surgical procedures done at the Andrology Unit include:
- Microscopic varicocelectomy
- Microscopic vasoepididymostomy
- Microscopic vasovasostomy
- Testicular sperm extraction
- Penile prosthesis
- Correction of penile curvature
The Andrology clinics are located in Bldg 1, Ground floor, near Gate 1